Oceanus Line’s X-Press Cotopaxi makes its March 26 inaugural call at SeaPort Manatee, furnishing direct links with the ports of Cartagena, Colombia, and Veracruz, Mexico.
While setting numerous records in its fiscal year ended Sept. 30, SeaPort Manatee continues as a hub for delivery of fuels and other key commodities to Southwest and Central Florida – an increasingly critical role in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
SeaPort Manatee has been awarded a federal grant of nearly $12 million to advance a 16.56-acre expansion of container yard facilities at the thriving Florida Gulf Coast trade gateway
SeaPort Manatee’s annual impact surges past $5.1 billion
With an annual economic impact surpassing $5.1 billion, SeaPort Manatee serves as a ships-to-shelves gateway for Southwest and Central Florida while offering more than 5,000 acres of on-port and adjoining properties for future growth.
- Oceanus Line service links Florida’s SeaPort Manatee, Texas’ Port Freeport with key ports of Mexico, ColombiaA new direct liner service of Oceanus Line is now providing an efficient all-water link between key seaports of Mexico and Colombia and the dynamic U.S. ports of SeaPort Manatee on the Florida Gulf Coast and Port Freeport on the Texas Gulf Coast.
- Kruse elected Manatee County Port Authority chairman ￼Manatee County Commissioner George Kruse has been elected chairman of the Manatee County Port Authority.
- SeaPort Manatee containerized cargo tons climb 34.6 percent in record fiscal 2022SeaPort Manatee continues its record-setting activity, including an increase of nearly 35 percent in containerized cargo tonnage for the just-ended fiscal year, according to figures released today [Thursday, Oct. 13] by the Southwest and Central Florida trade hub.
About The Port
Located “Where Tampa Bay Meets the Gulf of Mexico,” SeaPort Manatee is the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the expanded Panama Canal, with 10 40-foot-draft berths serving container, bulk, breakbulk, heavylift, project and general cargo customers. SeaPort Manatee generates more than $5.1 billion in annual economic impact while providing for more than 37,000 direct and indirect jobs, all without benefit of local property tax support.
SeaPort Manatee is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing ports, handling a variety of cargos.
- Mobile harbor cranes equipped with clam-buckets and grabs
- 40 feet deep water draft
- Mobile harbor cranes with a lift capacity of 120 tons each, 165 tons combined
- Four container spreaders
- Fast efficient truck turn times
- Closest US port to the Panama Canal
- Five mobile harbor cranes, highest tandem lift capacity of any Florida port
Travel Lanes Map
Map description / instructions here